Sống tại Phòng 506, Đơn Nguyên 1, Ký túc xá Mỹ Đình, đường Hàm Nghi - Nam Từ Liêm - Hà Nội
University of Economics and Business, Vietnam National University, Hanoi
Degree: Bachelor of Economics, GPA: 3.24/4 via 112 credits
ACADEMIC AWARDS/ ACHIEVEMENTS
• Accepted as exchange student at one of the top 100 best universities in the world - University of Groningen, Netherlands;
• 5th Vietnam Summer School of Science: The Fourth Prize in the Blitz Research Competition (2017);
• 5th Vietnam Summer School of Science Scholarship (2017);
• Vietnam Institute for Economic and Policy Research: Summer School on “Foundations of the Market Economy” Scholarship (2017);
• 360 Development Economics Contest, Faculty of Development Economics, UEB: Third Prize (2015).
CERTIFICATES AND OTHER QUALIFICATIONS
• English: IELTS 7.0 Overall;
• F-Group Vietnam: Certificates of completion Academic Seminars (2016 – 2017);
• Research Community for Economics Students: Certificates of Achievement (2015 – 2016) ;
• Young Economists Club: Certificates of Achievement (2014 – 2016).
DEPOCEN - Development and Policies Research Center (May – September 2017)
o Support research projects
• Translate monthly macroeconomic reports to Vietnamese, collect data and information on the internet, transfer survey answers and translate to English, transcribe interview records.
o Research on gender wage gap in early career in Vietnam
• Apply Oaxaca – Blinder decomposition technique in Mincer earnings function in order to explore wage differentials due to discrimination and productivity during school-to-work transition using ILO survey data 2015.
F-Group Vietnam – Free-market Organization (November 2015 – September 2017)
Member of Executive Board / Leader of Reading Team
o Academic seminars
• Organize academic seminars quarterly in which discussion papers written by young researchers on the market economy of Vietnam ranging from theoretical to practical matters are presented and discussed, which attract many of college students, researchers, and economic experts.
o Co-author of a discussion paper
• Assess the impact of the college market competitive environment to the competitive ability of colleges and universities in Vietnam in the 2006-2015 period.
o Library activities
• Manage F-Group library contains more than 100 books on economics, politics, philosophy, sociology, and literature. Books are lent for free. Book discussion events are held monthly.
RCES – Research Community for Economics Students (December 2014 – June 2015)
o Program of Supporting Economics Students in Scientific Research academic year 2014 – 2015
• Support organizing serial seminars aimed to popularize systematically research skills, which connect between senior researchers and students. Promote the forming of a research community among economics students.
o Career Orientation for VNU – UEB Students Project
• Design survey used to interview economics students, collect and analyze data. Research and propose the career orientation project to the Center for Student Services, VNU- University of Economics and Business.
Young Economists Club – UEB (October 2014 – October 2016)
Member of Research Division
o Annual Economic Conference
• It is one of the most reputable events of Young Economists Club and I was happy to become one the members responsible for the academic quality of the Conference. In each year, the most pressing economic problem is discussed between top economists of Vietnam and students.